Dear corrosion community member
We are pleased to inform you about the latest activities and upcoming events of our Federation in the European Federation of Corrosion Newsletter No 23.
We would like to say thank you to our Austrian Member Society ASMET for organising such a successful EUROCORR 2015 and beautiful dinner at the Restaurant Schlossberg, overlooking the old Town of Graz.
With 805 attendees from 52 countries, 368 oral presentations in up to 9 parallel sessions, 122 posters and 29 exhibitors, this recent event met all our expectations. These numbers again prove that EUROCORR is of the highest interest for the worldwide corrosion community and an important platform for dialogue and networking amongst all engineers, scientists, researchers and technologists working in this cutting edge field.
We would like to take the opportunity here to congratulate the winner of the Young Authors EFC Poster Award 2015, Ingrid McCarroll and J. Cairney (University of Sydney, Sydney/AU) for the outstanding poster contribution on "Atom Probe Microscopy of Oxidation Products".
Also, among WP4 (Nuclear Corrosion) the following prizes were awarded: best oral presentation was awarded to: “In situ imaging of corrosion processes in nuclear fuel cladding”, by Alice Laferrere, Robert Burrows (National Nuclear Laboratory, UK), Ron Clark, Carol Glover, Geraint Williams (University of Swansea, UK), Oliver Payton, Loren Picco (University of Bristol, UK). Furthermore, the best WP4 poster presentation was awarded to: “High temperature oxidation of 9-12% Cr materials P91 and P92 in supercritical conditions (25 MPa, 600°C)”, by Zuzana Skoumalová and Jaroslav Burda (ÚJV Řež a.s., CZ).
Do not forget to note the dates for the EUROCORR 2016 conference in your calendar! This outstanding corrosion event will take place from 11-15 September 2016 in Montpellier, France, a beautiful and charming Mediterranean city, offering a blend of history, culture and modernity. The call for papers is now open.
Special Topics in addition to our 19 traditional Working Party Sessions will be:
- WP3 Corrosion by Hot Gases and Combustion Products & WP14 Coatings:
Coatings for High Temperatures
- WP16 Cathodic Protection & WP9 Marine Corrosion: Cathodic Protection in Marine Environment
- WP16 Cathodic Protection & WP11 Corrosion of Steel in Concrete: Cathodic Protection of Steel in Concrete
- WP15 Corrosion in the Refinery Industry & WP 19 Corrosion of Polymer Materials: Polymer and Composite Materials in Refinery, Petrochemical and Chemical Industries
- WP17 Automotive Corrosion & WP22 Corrosion Control in Aerospace: Accelerated Corrosion Testing, Science - Lab & Field
- WP6 Surface Science and Mechanisms of Corrosion and Protection & WP8 Physicochemical Methods of Corrosion Testing: Advanced Analytical Methods for Corrosion Research
- Corrosion and Protection of Magnesium Alloys
- Corrosion Issues for Renewable Energies
- EFC Task Force “Corrosion Reliability of Electronics Devices”: Corrosion Reliability of Electronics Devices and Materials
- Quality Control, Standardization and Certification for Protective Paint Systems
- Improving Corrosion Control of Ships
- WP13 Corrosion in Oil and Gas Production & the EFC Task Force "CO2-Corrosion in CCS-Applications": CO2-Corrosion in Industrial Capture, Transportation and Utilization Applications
- Surface Preparation Issues Related to Corrosion Protection Performance
For more detailed conference information please visit http://www.eurocorr2016.org
The Federation is pleased to announce the new EUROCORR Young Scientist Grant, which will be awarded for the first time at the EUROCORR 2016 in Montpellier. The EUROCORR Young Scientist Grant is founded and presented by the EFC. Its objective is to stimulate interaction and collaboration within the international corrosion community, by providing financial support to junior corrosionists to enable them to visit and interact with other corrosionists at their home institute abroad and to discuss research issues of mutual concern relevant to the field.
The deadline for submissions for the first EUROCORR Young Scientist Grant is 1 March 2016.For further details, please visit the EFC website at:
Thank you for distributing information about the new EUROCORR Young Scientist Grant to interested colleagues.
We look forward to meeting you Montpellier!