Joint NACE/EFC Workshop, Freiburg, 10 September 2007
Operator's Views: Current Status and needs for Future Research related to
Corrosion in Oil and Gas Production"
A joint NACE/EFC Workshop was organised during the EUROCORR 2007 conference.
Specially invited speakers from oil and gas companies presented papers on 8 different topics related to corrosion in the oil and gas industry. The presentations gave Operators Views on the "Current Status and Need for Future Research Related to Corrosion in Oil and Gas Production".
The following speakers contributed to the workshop:
- Stress corrosion cracking of stainless steels in chorides environments , T. Cassagne, Total S.A. Pau, France
- H2 S cracking , J. Martin, BP Exploration Operating Co. Ltd., London, UK (see Attachment 2 )
- Corrosion fatigue in SCRs and armours in flexibles , R. Thompson, Chevron Corporation, Houston, Texas, USA (see Attachment 3 )
- Materials in wells , P. Nice, Statoil A.S.A. Stavanger, Norway (see Attachment 4 )
- CO2 corrosion and inhibition , M. Achour, ConocoPhillips, Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA (see Attachment 5 )
- Corrosion in water injection , T. Andersen, Norsk Hydro A.S.A., Porsgrunn, Norway (see Attachment 6 )
- Cathotic protection and coatings , S Kapusta, Shell Global Solutions, Rijswijk, The Netherlands (see Attachment 7 )
- Corrosion in seawater , S. Olsen, Statoil Research Centre, Trondheim, Norway (see Attachment 8 )
© DECHEMA e.V. last update April 05, 2017