EFC Working Party 8: Physico-chemical Methods of Corrosion Testing
To provide a sound platform for international networking and activities in the area of physico-chemical methods of corrosion testing in itself and in collaboration with other Working Parties (WPs).
First of all to accommodate a well-recognized international platform for all high level scientific contributions with a focus on the development of innovative physico-chemical measuring techniques during EUROCORR and second to preselect and follow-up novel developments together with the other WPs.
During EUROCORR, in close contact with the active WP8 members and other WPs the aim is to define follow-up actions for 1-5 focused topics around which self-propelling activities are exploited.
- From micro towards nano-electrochemistry (micro-capillary, SVET, AFM/SKPFM, LEIS etc.)
- Testing methods of corrosion of metals in (simulated) body environments
- Further developments in DC- and AC macro-electrochemical testing methods (EIS, ENM, etc.)
- Combination of micro-/nanostructural analysis and electrochemistry/corrosion (e.g. in-situ corrosion TEM-analysis)
- Correlation of physico-chemical laboratory testing methods with accelerated testing and in-field behaviour
- High-throughput screening methods
- Corrosion sensor developments
- Other topics to be defined
- Organise international networks around topics of physico-chemical testing methods
- Assessment of the state-of-the-art of techniques and current joint activities by focused workshops as a basis for planning future research activities
- Dissemination of information on dedicated topics of physico-chemical testing methods during conferences and events worldwide
- Contributing to and editing of special issues of EFC series on dedicated topics of physico-chemical testing methods as well as the EFC Newsletter
- Training and practical work exchange of young researchers (e.g. summer schools)
- Round-robin exercise for novel (local) physico-chemical testing methods
- Involvement in corrosion testing standardization activities
- Actively seek interaction with other EFC and NACE WPs (a.o. Specific Technology Group (STG) 62, Corrosion Monitoring and measurement: Science and Engineering Applications)
Sessions - joint sessions on EUROCORR
Future interaction is to be continued and set up for mutual interest with WP6 Surface Science (In-situ analytical analysis of corroding surfaces - Session Mechanisms and Methods as from EUROCORR2008 onwards) and WP14 Coatings (Physico-chemical testing methods for coated materials - Session Local microprobes to study surface treatments and coatings produced by nano-technologies for EUROCORR2010). In terms of correlation of physico-chemical laboratory testing methods to accelerated testing and in-field exposure for dedicated application areas (e.g. WP 17 Automotive), also opportunities for joint activities are to be identified.
Members are encouraged to actively seek for opportunities to exploit the activities within the framework of WP8 and contact the Chairman for further discussion and interaction.
If you wish get involved in the activities of the WP on Physico-chemical Methods of Corrosion Testing please click here to register!
© DECHEMA e.V. last update May 18, 2017