Dr. Hélène Illaire
The start of September 2015 has brought a change at the European Federation of Corrosion (EFC) with the appointment of the Managing Officer, a position newly created by the EFC.
Hélène Illaire's principal responsibilities include public relations activities, in particular:
- coordinating and supervising the EFC offices in London, Paris and Frankfurt;
- developing activities to strengthen the participation of Member Societies in EFC and vice-versa;
- assisting Member Societies in internationalisation of their activities;
- organising events like courses and workshops;
- assuming the continuity and sustainability of the EUROCORR exposition in close interaction with the organisers and exhibitors;
- recruiting new Member Societies (European and International) and Affiliate Members, such as universities, research institutes and companies.
Hélène Illaire graduated as a mechanical engineer from the University of Technology of Compiègne in 1998. In 2004, she obtained her Ph.D. in the field of Acoustics and Industrial Vibrations from Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden).
She worked as a test engineer, first at Volvo Trucks from 2006 to 2007, then at Volvo Cars from 2007 to 2008.
In 2008, she started her own company in the wellness sector, which she ran until 2011.
She came back to France in 2011 after a total of 13 years spend in Sweden.