Next Business Meeting at the upcoming virtual EUROCORR congress
If you wish get involved with EFC and the activities of the Working Party please click here to register!
Mission / Objective
WP5's overall objective is to bring together scientists and engineers encountering the problem of crack initiation and propagation in different application fields including nuclear, petrochemical and aeronautical industries. In such environments fracture often results from a simultaneous action of mechanical loading and aggressive environment which can be either water or hydrogen or reactive gases or even more specific like liquid metal. The common feature requested for accurate prediction of the remaining lifetime is the need to understand the mechanisms of crack initiation and crack propagation.
WP5 specific missions concern the fields of hydrogen induced cracking, stress corrosion cracking, fatigue-corrosion, high temperature corrosion and liquid metal embrittlement and are aimed at
- confronting physico-chemical and mechanical approaches in modelling environment sensitive fracture,
- promoting the use of advanced local investigation methods (AFM, EBSD, Auger/XPS, nanomechanical testing) for submicrometer range description of crack initiation sites and crack-tip characteristics and
- promoting the use of numerical simulations based on multiscale physical approach.
- contributing to the definition of recommendations through joint sessions with colleagues from different application fields.
- Chronological minutes from WP5 Business meetings since 2009 … to 2017
- WP Business Meeting during EUROCORR 2014, 11 September 2014, Pisa, Italy
- Joint Session WP13, WP9 and WP5 at EUROCORR 2015, Graz, Austria
- Joint Session WP5&WP18 at EUROCORR 2014, 11 September 2014, Pisa, Italy
- Workshop on Occurrence and Mechanisms of Environmentally Assisted Cracking at EUROCORR 2012, Istanbul, Turkey