Next Business Meeting at the upcoming virtual EUROCORR congress
- Annual meetings
- EUROCORR Conference sessions
- Task groups on special topics
- International Publications, e.g. EFC-books, Special Issues in Materials and Corrosion
- Workshops on special topics
- RILEM (International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures)
- Research Programs
If you wish get involved with EFC and the activities of the Working Party please click here to register!
Mission: Aims and Objectives
- Scientific and industrial members
- Civil and corrosion engineers
- International Cooperation
- Transfer of Knowledge
- All aspects of corrosion of concrete and rebars
New EFC-WP11-Task Group on "Steel Corrosion in Alkali-Activated Materials" established.
- Gregor Gluth, BAM, Berlin Germany
- Michael Raupach, ibac, Aachen, Germany
- passivation in alkali-activated fly ashes, slags, metakaolin and mixes
- critical pH-values causing depassivation
- critical chloride content
- corrosion mechanisms and test methods for the estimation of corrosion rates
The first meeting was held at BAM in Berlin with 17 participants from 9 countries.
It is planned to have two meetings per year and prepare a state of the art report of the topics mentioned above after about 3 years as papers in Materials and Corrosion or a green book.
Task Group: "Planning, execution and evaluation of corrosion surveys of steel in concrete" (download report of the Task Group meeting, published in the journal Materials and Corrosion)