Next Business Meeting at the upcoming virtual EUROCORR congress
- Arrange a Marine Corrosion session at EUROCORR each year
- Initiate work on new publications in the area of Marine Corrosion
- Collaboration with NACE in Marine Corrosion related topics
Currently working on a "Best practice guideline on corrosion in seawater heat exchangers systems" with WP15.
If you wish get involved with EFC and the activities of the Working Party please click here to register!
Mission / Objectives
The objectives of the Working Party can be defined as follows:
- to provide engineers, designers and materials specialists with information related to the use of materials in the marine environment;
- to act as or to create a platform for discussion by authorities from industry and academic institutions on materials aspects of marine corrosion;
- to identify and to define areas in which information is not up-to-date or not available in the required form;
- to identify areas in which research and development is required;
- to establish and maintain contacts with other workers in the same area and either co-operate with them or avoid duplication of activities.
In order to meet the objectives of the Working Party the following working methods have been decided to be used in the Working Party.
- Organize and participate in Workshops, Seminars and Conferences
- Prepare guidelines on all aspects of marine corrosion
- To either carry out research or simulate others to do so in areas where a lack of scientific knowledge has been shown to exist.
Previous activities / Archive
Minutes from WP9 Business meetings
- Minutes of the WP9 meeting at EUROCORR 2019 in Seville, Spain
- Minutes of the WP9 meeting at EUROCORR 2018 in Krakow, Poland
- Minutes of the WP9 meeting at EUROCORR 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic