Nowadays, early career researchers and engineers are challenged by the need for ingenious technical expertise combined with a strong scientific understanding of fundamental materials and corrosion problems. On top of that there is invariable time pressure. It is crucial to make a successful career, to have an experienced mentor or supervisor who has knowledge with the comprehension of how to develop personal and social skills, how to implement the right scientific methodology … And yes, this is really challenging. Materials and corrosion science are a fascinating poly-faceted multidisciplinary research field, which requires early career scientists and engineers and senior experts to collaborate, share expertise and efficiently communicate in order to address current and future corrosion problems.
The YEFC aims at bringing all the different actors of the corrosion community together.
Young EFC Board
The Young EFC board currently consists of the following members:
- Sajjad Akbarzadeh, UMons, Belgium
- Arthur Boidot, NOF Metal Coatings Europe SA, France
- Fabio Cova Caiazzo, Petronas Lubricants International, Italy
- Annesha Das, PSI, Switzerland
- Bartlomiej Guzik, Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co, Poland
- Marta Mohedano, Universidad Complutense of Madrid, Spain
- Mirsajjad Mousavi, Teijin Aramid BV, Netherlands
- Noémie Ott, OST, Switzerland
- Can Özkan, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Reynier Revilla, VUB, Belgium
- Andressa Trentin, VTT, Finland
The previous Young EFC board members:
- Leonardo Bertolucci Coelho, Vrije University Brussels, Belgium
- Claudia Martinez, CorrosionRADAR, UK
- Aytac Yilmaz, Ore energy, Netherlands
- Cem Örnek, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Yaiza Gonzalez-Garcia, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Michele Fedel, University of Trento, Italy
Do you want to get more actively involved within the YEFC?
Please send us an e-mail to youngcorrosion (at) gmail.com, stating your motivation and vision.