The EUROCORR Travel Grant provides financial support to young corrosionists to facilitate their participation in the EUROCORR conference. The Grant is intended for students from countries or organisations where they encounter difficulties to travel to the venue of EUROCORR because of financial constraints. The Grant selection is made based on brief proposals submitted. The Grant will be presented at the annual EUROCORR conferences and on the EFC website.
The conditions of eligibility to the Grant competition are as follow:
- the applicant is not older than 30 years on the 1st of September of the year the Grant is awarded,
- the applicant is a student (including doctoral) and works on a project that is about or related to corrosion science, engineering or awareness,
- the applicant participates in the EUROCORR conference taking place the year when the Grant is awarded, and
- the applicant has submitted an abstract for the respective EUROCORR conference.
Supporting documents to be submitted with the application:
- Name and full address of the applicant
- a short (maximum 400 words) motivation letter, written by the applicant, in which she/he expresses the benefits toward her/his career success and her/his need of support for attending the EUROCORR,
- the applicant’s CV (maximum two pages), including date of birth and publications or achievements (patents, etc.) the applicant has authored or co-authored, and
- the applicant’s abstract submitted to the forthcoming EUROCORR.
The submission deadline is 15 February of the year of the EUROCORR the grant will be awarded. Submissions after this deadline will not be considered.
EUROCORR Travel Grant winners
Presentation of the grants on the occasion of EUROCORR.