2nd online seminar on Nuclear Corrosion
23 April 2021, 9:00 to 10:15 CET (16:00 to 17:15 JST)
organised by the EFC Working Party on Nuclear Corrosion (EFC WP4)
Chair: Stefan Ritter
Journey to the heart of the corrosion processes involved in a spent nuclear fuel recycling plant
Benoit Gwinner, CEA, France
Remote Teaching in Corrosion Education - learning from Professionals in the field
21 May 2021, 10:00 to 12:00 CET
organised by the EFC Working Party on Education
Chair: Daniela Zander
- We will hear different examples of how to prepare and teach a successful online/virtual course.
- An interactive session (via breakout rooms) will follow, in which the participants will have the opportunity to share experiences (do’s & don'ts) and best practices for online teaching.
- At the end of the meeting, we will share together the conclusions.
- A memo of the webinar will be shared afterwards with participants and EFC community.
We are happy about numerous registrations for our "Remote Teaching in Corrosion Education" webinar and would like to inform you that we were able to welcome 2 scientifically outstanding speakers.
- Dr. Torben Lund Skovhus
Docent and Project Manager at VIA University College in the Centre of Applied Research and Development in Building, Energy and Environment (Horsens, Denmark)
Title: Learnings from online teaching and network building during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr. Yaiza Gonzales Garcia
Associate Professor at the Materials Science and Engineering department at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft, The Netherlands)
Title: Transition from laboratory classes to online activities: What have we learned?
We are looking forward to an inspiring meeting !
Series of EFC-CSCP webinars
As a follow-up of the successful 1st International Conference on Corrosion Protection and Application, ICCPA, which was organized jointly by Chongqing Association for Science and Technology, Chinese Society for Corrosion and Protection (CSCP) and EFC in 2019 in Chongqing, China, a series of webinars on selected corrosion subjects will be held in a three-month period.
The first webinar took place on Friday, 11 December 2020, from 8 a.m. of the Central European Time (CET).