The annual meeting will take place during the virtual EUROCORR 2020.
If you wish get involved with EFC and the activities of the Working Party please click here to register!
The Working Party meetings objectives are:
- Sharing of refinery materials /corrosion/inspection experiences by operating company representatives.
Forum for Technology
- Sharing materials/ corrosion/ protection/ monitoring information by providers, users, R&D.
- Scientific exchange
- Sharing materials/ corrosion/ protection scientific works.
- Development of documents, guidelines, publications related to corrosion in the refinery industry.
- Survey of corrosion problems in refinery industry
- The group will collect information first on hydrotreatment and hydrocracling units, then processes as FCC, Catalytic reforming, Distillation, Sulfur plant, Alkylation, Sour water stripper will be considered. Guideline and publication will be issued.
- Corrosion under insulation (new EFC Guideline No 55)
- Failure cases presentations and discussions
- Corrosion resistant materials
- Presentation and discussion on new CRA materials for refinery application.
- Corrosion by sour waters (SSC, SOHIC)
- Monitoring of corrosion
- EFC Book 40 "Requirements for cooling water systems"
- EFC Book 42 "Collection of Selected Papers"
- EFC Book 46 "Amine Unit Corrosion Survey"
- EFC Book 55 "Corrosion under insulation"
WP 15 Refinery Corrosion Atlas
Below you will find some corrosion failure cases from the refinery and process industries.
These documents are only given for information and do not engage EFC.
- Failure case n°2: Chloride stress corrosion cracking of a H2S stripping tower in a hydodesulfurisation unit